"No compatible source was found for this video" videojs player error in iOS device

Steps to reproduce

Steps to reproduce:
1.Open Media module page in iOS device: engage/ui/index.html
2. Open a recording video, if show "your browser is not supported", touch on "Try anyway".
3. It shows error as the title described.

I think the videojs player should be upgraded in Opencast. Because it is compatible with mobile devices.

Activity

Show:
fish free
May 5, 2016, 12:07 AM

The latest iOS 9.3.1(13E238)

Rüdiger Rolf
May 27, 2016, 2:30 PM

I could reproduce the browser warning and fixed it, but I did not encounter the problem, that no compatible source had been found.

fish free
June 30, 2016, 8:41 AM

I git cloned and maven built the r/2.2.x branch. The video uploaded to opencast can be played now in iOS device. But the videos ingested from Galicaster(persenter and presentation) still can not be played, the error still exists. I also downloaded the opencast-generated mp4 videos from Opencast-> a certian Event details->Assets->Media->Media details, and uploaded them into another website, then directly access them by URL in Safari, they can be played without problem.
So I think this bug still exists, it should not be marked as "RESOLVED".

Rüdiger Rolf
June 30, 2016, 10:55 AM

So reported 2 bugs in one ticket. I commented already that I cannot reproduce one of the two issues and I fixed the second one. And I you report the problem now, it seems to be a problem with Galicaster and Opencast in cooperation. I would recommend to create a new issue for this bug, describe it more correctly and provide video data that fails. In general the player works with iOS and media uploaded to Opencast can work on this player.

So what you should report is how you created the video, which Workflow you used, a very short demo video from your recorder that did not work after processing. Maybe your problem would then be something that you would need to tell the Galicaster people but I can have a look at this first.

fish free
July 1, 2016, 1:24 AM

Thank you for your precious tip! It's all my fault. I forgot changing the Galicaster workflow from "full" to "ng-schedule-and-upload" after upgrading my Opencast to 2.2. Now, all problems disappeared.

Fixed and reviewed

Assignee

Rüdiger Rolf

Reporter

fish free

Severity

Usability Issue

Tags (folksonomy)

None

Components

Fix versions

Affects versions

Priority

Major