Steps to reproduce:
1. POST properly formatted metadata for new event(s) to /admin-ng/event/new
2. Event(s) is successfully created within Opencast
3. Response text is a hex string, possibly comma-separated for multiple events.
4. Returned hex string does not correlate with the actual mediapackage ID of the newly created event.
/admin-ng/event/new calls on IngestServiceImpl.java... I surmise due to the possibility of an upload instead of a scheduled event. However, the workflow identifier is returned even when no file upload takes place, i.e. workflow identifier of scheduled event returned, which is a useless value.
Documentation notes that the return value is the Workflow identifier.
Logs suggest the return value is the mediapackage ID
I expect the mediapackage ID/event ID to be returned since I am consuming the /admin-ng/event endpoint.
Workaround (if any):
1. Cache results of /admin-ng/event/events.json before creating new event(s),
2. create new event(s),
3. re-call /admin-ng/event/events.json, and compare to #1.