Uploaded image for project: 'Opencast'
  1. MH-12571

Presentation videos with lots of text are omitted in LTI series tool

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects versions: 3.3
    • Fix versions: 6.5
    • Components: Player
    • Labels:
      None
    • Severity:
      Incorrectly Functioning With Workaround
    • Steps to reproduce:
      Hide
      Steps to reproduce:
      1. Upload a test video as described above into a LTI series (which has respective ACLs for LTI users) using a workflow that includes text extraction
      2. Try to access the series through the LTI interface (in our case through Moodle) via

      https://$MYURL/ltitools/series/index.html?series=$SERIESID
       
      Actual Results:
      - The workflow finishes without failure
      - The episode list does not contain the just uploaded episode (it might contain previously uploaded episodes)
      - When navigating (as the LTI user) to the media module, the episode can be accessed normally (with all the text properly shown) and is also visible in the episode list of the respective series. The episode is only missing in the episode list of the LTI series tool
       
      Expected Results:
      The episode should be visible in the episode list of the series tool regardless of the extracted text.
       
      Workaround (if any):
      This can be circumvented to some extend by more restrictive configuration of the video segmentation (which reduces the overall amount of segments and thereby results in less text)
       
      Notes:
      - the test video we used has ~80 slides with about 2000 chars of text
      - we access the LTI interface though our Moodle system
      - the episode is uploaded in a series which is integrated properly in Moodle (i.e. with respective ACLs for LTI users, such as XXX_Leaner)
      - the amount of segments does not seem to be the problem since we were able to upload episodes with 100+ segments without problems



      Show
      Steps to reproduce: 1. Upload a test video as described above into a LTI series (which has respective ACLs for LTI users) using a workflow that includes text extraction 2. Try to access the series through the LTI interface (in our case through Moodle) via https://$MYURL/ltitools/series/index.html?series=$SERIESID   Actual Results: - The workflow finishes without failure - The episode list does not contain the just uploaded episode (it might contain previously uploaded episodes) - When navigating (as the LTI user) to the media module, the episode can be accessed normally (with all the text properly shown) and is also visible in the episode list of the respective series. The episode is only missing in the episode list of the LTI series tool   Expected Results: The episode should be visible in the episode list of the series tool regardless of the extracted text.   Workaround (if any): This can be circumvented to some extend by more restrictive configuration of the video segmentation (which reduces the overall amount of segments and thereby results in less text)   Notes: - the test video we used has ~80 slides with about 2000 chars of text - we access the LTI interface though our Moodle system - the episode is uploaded in a series which is integrated properly in Moodle (i.e. with respective ACLs for LTI users, such as XXX_Leaner) - the amount of segments does not seem to be the problem since we were able to upload episodes with 100+ segments without problems

      TestRail: Results

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              scharnkn Katrin Scharnowski
            • Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:

                TestRail: Cases