Two scenarios and potential resolutions are described below.
1) Site added custom extended data and asset upload options do not have translations.
- An optional "displayFallback" attribute for custom metadata and custom upload options will allow the site to provide a friendly UI display of the custom attribute, rather than displaying the machine friendly translation key in UI.
- The "displayFallback" is only used if no translation is found.
2) A site is not happy with the current translation on an option and wants to correct or override the existing translation:
- An optional configurable "displayOverride" attribute for metadata and upload options will allow the site to override the existing translations with a fixed display text.
- The "displayOverride" is used if it exists as an attribute, regardless if translations exist for the key.