Uploaded image for project: 'Opencast'
  1. MH-12966

Open the Event Details modal causes the creation of a new snapshop under specific circumstances

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed and reviewed
    • Affects Version/s: 5.0
    • Fix Version/s: 5.1
    • Labels:
      None
    • Severity:
      Incorrectly Functioning Without Workaround
    • Steps to reproduce:
      Hide
      Steps to reproduce:
      1. Create exactly one series
      2. Add an event
      3. Switch to Events Table
      4. Reload page (to ensure the series created in step 1 is visible to the Event Details modal)
      5. Open the Opencast log (assuming a all-in-one)
      6. Open the Event Details modal
       
       Actual Results:
       In the log file, you can see that a new snapshot is taken. In the Admin UI, a green arrow indicates that the metadata field "series" has changed (although no series is selected)
       
       Expected Results:
       Should not create a snapshot obviously
       
       Workaround (if any):
       
      Analysis:
      This is causes by the pre-select-from directive that is used in the drop downs and is supposed to select the option in case only exactly one option is available.
      In the case of metadata fields, the use of this directive doesn't seem appropriate, so I have simply removed it which resolves the problem.





      Show
      Steps to reproduce: 1. Create exactly one series 2. Add an event 3. Switch to Events Table 4. Reload page (to ensure the series created in step 1 is visible to the Event Details modal) 5. Open the Opencast log (assuming a all-in-one) 6. Open the Event Details modal    Actual Results:  In the log file, you can see that a new snapshot is taken. In the Admin UI, a green arrow indicates that the metadata field "series" has changed (although no series is selected)    Expected Results:  Should not create a snapshot obviously    Workaround (if any):   Analysis: This is causes by the pre-select-from directive that is used in the drop downs and is supposed to select the option in case only exactly one option is available. In the case of metadata fields, the use of this directive doesn't seem appropriate, so I have simply removed it which resolves the problem.

      TestRail: Results

        Attachments

          Issue links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                staubesv Sven Stauber
                Reporter:
                staubesv Sven Stauber
              • Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  TestRail: Cases