Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to https://legacy.opencast.org/admin-ng/login.html and login
2. Add Event, Upload, Select file, WF: Process upon upload and schedule: 360p resolution: yes, all other resolutions: no; hold - do not publish
3. Set an arbitrary access policy and create the Event.
4. Wait until processing finished.
5. Select the event in the Event view, and press "Start Task" from the action menu.
6. Select "publish". Select no resolution option except 1080p resolution (FullHD). Publish to Opencast Index, Opencast Media Module
7. Create the Task.
8. View what's happening with the Event under: Blue Episode Hamburger -> Workflows -> Publish -> Details
If you are fast enough you see the settings you just specified in "Publish" being replaced with stored settings from Process upon upload and schedule. In other words, you cannot override choices you made while creating the event: If you selected 360p only in the event creation WF, the result is a 360p video being published, despite you selected something different in step 6.
Later choices in step 6 honored.
Workaround (if any):
Modify the default publish workflow: Remove the step: import-wf-properties